Recovery from substance addiction means developing self-sufficiency and becoming a productive and responsible member of the community.  After Phase I, you will be expected to be gainfully employed or involved in an educational or vocational training program if you are able.  The vocational-educational coordinator can assist you in obtaining an assessment of your vocational and/or educational goals and skills and will refer you to the proper agencies for education, training and job placement.  If you do not already have a high school diploma or Graduation Equivalency Diploma (GED), you will be required to complete and pass a GED test prior to graduation.  A veteran’s employment specialist from the Alabama Employment Security Commission is also available to assist you in Veterans Court.

Disclaimer: Please contact a Veterans Court team member for official information related to the information above.